Monday, March 12, 2012

Humility

Mark Batterson post:  The Lever


Archimedes of Syracuse is famous for his quip: “Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.”  He was referencing the lever, of course.  It was one of six simple machines identified by Renaissance scientists.   A lever amplifies the input force to provide a greateroutput force.  The longer the lever the greater the leverage!
Can I borrow that simple statement but substitute one word?
Give me a place to KNEEL and I will move the earth.  Humility is our lever!  The lower you go in humility–input force–the greater the output because God intervenes on your behalf. Bow the knee and God will extend His mighty right hand.
In the spiritual realm, humility is the longest lever.  If you completely humble yourself before God then there is nothing God cannot do in you and through you.

No comments: