Monday, April 30, 2012

It's Out of Control

Mark Batterson post:  DIVINE APPOINTMENTS



Proverbs 16:9 is one of my favorite promises: “In his heart a man plans his course, but God orders His footsteps.”  I’ve circled it for years! I also love Psalm 37 which says the same thing in different words: “the steps of the righteous are ordered of the Lord.” All I know is this: God is awfully good at getting us where He wants us to go!
I feel like I have at least one divine appointment everyday these days. It’s out of control.  And I mean that literally.  I almost feel like a pawn on God’s chessboard.
I live by a simple principle: Don’t worry about meeting the right people.  Focus on meeting with God. If you meet with God, He’ll make sure you meet who you need to meet when you need to meet them!  After all, God knows everyone!
Prayer has a way of turning ordinary appointments into divine appointments.  Nothing like it.  Let God call the shots!  When you follow Jesus, you never know WHO you’ll meet, WHAT you’ll do, or WHERE you’ll go.

No comments: