Monday, February 20, 2012

Humble Ourselves

Mark Batterson post:  The 7:14 Experiment


We have a core value at National Community Churcheverything is an experiment.  My favorite kind? Experiments that are based on the Bible.  I think of as them holy experiments. So here’s the scoop.  We’re going to circle II Chronicles 7:14 during Lent. I guess you could call it an experilent. What would happen if we circled this promise in prayer for forty days?  I intend to find out.
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my faceand turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven.  I will forgive their sin and heal their land.
What if all of us hit on knees everyday at 7:14 AM?  Honestly, the time isn’t the issue.  I just think 7:14 is a nice trigger.  It can be 7:13 or 7:15.  It can be 6:37 or 8:22. AM or PM.  So it’s not about the time per se.  It’s about establishing a humble habit of kneeling before the Lord on a daily basis.  You can hit your knees when you get out of bed or when you get into bed. And it’s not about bowing the knee. It’s about bowing the heart.  There is nothing magicalabout kneeling, but there is something biblical about it.  I’ve found that my heart postureoften mirrors my physical posture.
Are you in? Would you be willing to kneel everyday for forty days? For two or ten or thirty or sixty minutes?  If you want to be part of the 7:14 experiment, text the word LENT to775.237.4364. We’ll send out a short text message at 7:14 AM everyday during Lent.  Just a daily reminder, a daily inspiration.  We’ll kick off on Ash Wednesday, February 22.  We’ll end on Easter Sunday.  Spread the word…
Let’s not seek blessings or miracles or opportunities. Let’s seek God.  And if we seek God, blessings and miracles and opportunities will seek us! If we get on our knees then God will extend His right hand on our behalf.
Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all of these things will be added to as well.”   Matthew 6:33

No comments: